Recipe by peachez
This makes for a festive presentation but it can be baked in a regular baking dish and sliced from there. It's firm enough to use as appetizers too, that will increase the servings. Prep time doesn't include 4 hours chill time. My son just slices it, heats a corn tortilla and fills it with the chilled mix, eat and run kinda kid.
Top Review by Julie B's Hive
I followed your directions exactly and this makes a huge appetizer cheesecake! I used an 8-in but should have gone with the 9-in springform pan. This would have been a five-star but the crust didn't hold at all, just crumbled when I cut into it. The cream filling is very, very good and rather than loading up the cheesecake I had small plates of toppings on the table for guests to garnish as they pleased. I will make this again but half the recipe for a family night as, I repeat, this makes enough for a small crowd. Made for TexMex Photo Challenge.
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups tortilla chips, finely crushed
- 4 -5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Meat and Bean Filling
- oil, for browning meat
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can refried beans
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- Tabasco sauce, few splashes to your taste
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- black olives or pimento stuffed olive, sliced
- lettuce, chopped
- grated cheese
- cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Mix by hand the tortilla chips with melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom of a lightly oiled 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, set aside to cool.
- Brown beef and garlic in a skillet, drain. Stir in beans to mix, add salt and pepper to taste - set aside.
- With an electric hand mixer blend well the softened cream cheese, eggs, taco seasonings and Tabasco sauce. Hand stir into mixture the cheese and chilies. Spread this mixture over the cooled crust.
- Spread Meat and Bean filling over that layer.
- Bake 25 - 30 minutes. Remove and cool on wire rack.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours.
- Spread sour cream over top, top with garnishes and chill for 2 hours. Slice, unmold and serve.