Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe was in the Sunday paper in an article about foods for different astrological signs. I haven't tried it but it does sound interesting. For the curious, this is supposed to be for the sign Aquarius, who are into "offbeat, multicultural takes." Notes: puree chipotles with a little of the adobo sauce. If preferred, bake cheesecake in a graham cracker crust. To sweeten cheesecake, substitute bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate or garnish with whipped cream.
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo, pureed (see note in description)
- caramel sauce, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 9-inch springform pan.
- In saucepan, heat milk until hot but not boiling.
- Pour milk into blender.
- Add sugar and cream cheese and blend until smooth.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs and vanilla.
- Add 1/2 C milk to egg mixture.
- Pour contents of bowl into blender and blend at low speed.
- Melt chocolate in saucepan or in microwave.
- Add chocolate, chipotle to blender and blend at low speed until smooth and well-blended.
- Carefully pour mixture into springform pan.
- Place springform pan in larger pan, filling larger pan with hot water until halfway up side of pan.
- Bake in oven for 30 - 40 minutes or until set.
- Remove springform pan from water bath and set on rack to cool completely.
- After cooled, refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce.