Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
Great recipe for a non-sweet cheesecake that a good friend was willing to share with me.
- 2⁄3 cup tortilla chips, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 10 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (more if you'd like)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container jalapeno cheddar cheese dip
- chopped tomato
- chopped green onion
- sliced black olives
- tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine tortilla chips and butter.
- Press this mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Process cottage cheese in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add cream cheese; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in cheddar cheese, chiles, and Tabasco.
- Pour mixture over the baked tortilla crust.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Combine sour cream and cheddar dip.
- Spread over hot cheesecake.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; cool slightly.
- Loosen cake from the rim of the pan.
- Cool completely before removing rim.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.