Recipe by Andtototoo!
Thirty years ago I used to eat these at a Mexican restaurant near where I lived. Once I relocated, I had to try and recreate the recipe myself.
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 thin hamburger patty
- salt, as needed
- pepper, as needed
- 1 cheese slice
- 1 tomatoes, slice
- 1 -2 piece lettuce
- 1 teaspoon diced mild green chili, canned
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat until hot.
- Add the oil and fry each of the corn tortillas briefly until they soften.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Next fry the beef pattie, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- When the beef pattie is almost done cooking, top with the cheese slice and cook a few more minutes until the cheese melts.
- Spread one corn tortilla with the canned green chilies.
- Top with the meat pattie.
- Top the meat pattie with the tomato and lettuce
- Cover with the second tortilla.
- Wrap in paper towels to eat as the tortillas will be a bit oily.
- If making several Mexican hamburgers, wrap the burger in a paper towel and put into a 9 x 13" pan.
- Cover with foil and put into a 150F oven until you make up the remaining Mexican hamburgers.
- Eat at once.