Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very easy to make. Nice for kids since it not too spicy. If you want it more "soupy" add more liquid.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, use pepper jack for more kick
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups low-fat milk
- In a large pot, brown and crumble the ground beef with the garlic, onion and red bell pepper. Cook until beef is mo longer pink; drain.
- Return the cooked beef mixture to the pot.
- Add to the pot, the undrained tomatoes, diced green chilies, mexicorn, black beans, salt, cumin, and pepper.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cheeses and milk. Stir frequently and heat until cheese is melted and smooth -- do NOT let boil.
Very easy for a weeknight! Very mild and cheesy! Add crushed tortilla chips over the top for added flavor and crunch.