Recipe by BeachGirl
One of the easiest, most enjoyed party recipe I've ever made. There are NEVER any left, even if I double or triple the recipe. "Oh, the power of cheese!" These can be made ahead and freeze well.
Top Review by Derf
Beachgirl, these were a wonderful appy for Easter Sunday, a huge hit!! We tried some while still quite hot, they were good but tried them again later, cold, they were marvelous!! Had to run the recipe for all our guests. Simple to make and mouth watering delicious, just enough kick. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, well-drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated or shredded (4 cups)
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten or 1 1⁄2 cups egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons diced pickled jalapenos (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread green chilis (and jalapenos, if using) in bottom of pan.
- Sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle cheese over green chili peppers.
- Pour beaten eggs over all.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until firm in the center.
- Cut into 1-inch squares and serve hot or at room temperature.
- ***These freeze beautifully.
- To serve, thaw, microwave on defrost until warm.
- Cut into squares and serve.