Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 5 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers or 4 ounces diced fresh jalapeno peppers, deveined and seeded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups packed grated cheddar cheese (1/2 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon Mexican hot sauce (1 to 2)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, torn (no stems)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, flour, salt and baking powder until smooth.
- Stir in diced chile peppers, sour cream and cheese.
- Add hot sauce to taste and cilantro.
- Melt butter in an 8" square baking dish.
- Pour mixture into dish and sprea with a spatula.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then turn heat down to 350 degrees and bake an additional 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly, then cut into squares to serve.