Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my favorite soup recipe. My family just can't get enough.
Make and share this Mexican Cheese Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 2 (6 ounce) cans white meat chicken
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 cups monterey jack cheese, chopped or grated
- tortilla chips
- Saute peppers and onions in butter in dutch oven.
- Add flour and stir constantly until thickened.
- Add chicken broth and stir until thickens a little.
- Add chicken, cheese, and spices.
- Cook on medium heat until cheese is melted.
- Add half and half and stir 1 or 2 minutes.
- Serve with crunched up tortilla chips (I use Bite Size Tostitos).
Very good, even without bell pepper. Thanks
Fantastic just isn't good enough to say about this one!
This is very good. Made it last night for dinner. My husband ate 3 big bowls full. I did use fat free half and half and spicy montery cheese. I poached the chicken breasts and then shredded them into the soup. If you like Mexican, you'll like this.