1/2 Photos of Mexican Cheese Grits Souffle
1 hr 15 mins
Woohooo The US South, Mexico and France all in one recipe!!! If jalapenos are too hot, sub in the diced green chiles from a can.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350º.
- 2Stir grits into boiling water; add salt.
- 3Cook 10 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until grits are thickened; remove from heat.
- 4Add cheese, stirring until melted.
- 5Saute' onion and garlic in butter; add to grits.
- 6Stir in peppers.
- 7Add a small amount of hot grits to egg yolks, stirring well.
- 8Add egg yolk mixture to grits, mixing well.
- 9Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into grits.
- 10Spoon mixture into a greased 2-qt. casserole.
- 11Bake at 350º for 45-50 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Cheese Grits Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.3
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 175.5 mg
- Sodium 694.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 15.9 g