Recipe by Charmie777
Woohooo The US South, Mexico and France all in one recipe!!! If jalapenos are too hot, sub in the diced green chiles from a can.
- 236.59 ml uncooked grits
- 946.36 ml boiling water
- 4.92 ml salt
- 473.18 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 29.58 ml melted butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 78.07 ml finely chopped jalapeno pepper (Or green chiles)
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Stir grits into boiling water; add salt.
- Cook 10 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until grits are thickened; remove from heat.
- Add cheese, stirring until melted.
- Saute' onion and garlic in butter; add to grits.
- Stir in peppers.
- Add a small amount of hot grits to egg yolks, stirring well.
- Add egg yolk mixture to grits, mixing well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into grits.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 2-qt. casserole.
- Bake at 350º for 45-50 minutes.