- 2 large onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatillos, drained and halved
- 3 tablespoons butter (for frying)
- 10 flour tortillas, from the refrigerator case
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add onion slices and garlic.
- Fry until limp and a little caramelized or transparent.
- Add ground cumin.
- Add tomatillos and fry on low for 5-10 minutes.
- Add grated cheese.
- Remove immediately as cheese is melted.
- Serve in flour tortillas.
- The tomatillos are like green tomatos - and the flavor is subtle and superb -- they're hard to find so stock up when you do see them in a grocery.