Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Dannon yogurt contest winner perfect for parties. I found this recipe in Ladies' Home Journal. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 709.77 ml dannon all natural plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml seasoning salt
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 473.18 ml frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 236.59 ml canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 29.58 ml canned diced green chilies
- 473.18 ml shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 59.14 ml snipped fresh cilantro
- tortilla chips or cracker
- Line a small colander with 3 layers of 100% cotton cheesecloth or a clean paper coffee filter. Suspend colander over a bowl and spoon in yogurt. Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight to create yogurt cheese.
- Remove yogurt cheese from strainer; discard liquid. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in garlic, cumin, and salt. Fold in sweet pepper, corn, black beans, tomato, green chilies, 1 1/2 cups mexican cheese and 3 tablespoons cilantro.
- Spoon into crock or spread on a platter. Top with remaining mexican cheese and cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.