1/1 Photo of Mexican Cheese Dip
Dannon yogurt contest winner perfect for parties. I found this recipe in Ladies' Home Journal. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups dannon all natural plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons canned diced green chilies
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- tortilla chips or cracker
- 1Line a small colander with 3 layers of 100% cotton cheesecloth or a clean paper coffee filter. Suspend colander over a bowl and spoon in yogurt. Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight to create yogurt cheese.
- 2Remove yogurt cheese from strainer; discard liquid. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in garlic, cumin, and salt. Fold in sweet pepper, corn, black beans, tomato, green chilies, 1 1/2 cups mexican cheese and 3 tablespoons cilantro.
- 3Spoon into crock or spread on a platter. Top with remaining mexican cheese and cilantro.
- 4Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Cheese Dip
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.4
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 172.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: