Recipe by Terese
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
Made this to accompany your guacamole tonight. It was good however everyone thought it was a little to thick and that something was missing. I did leave out the jalapeno chilies as I knew the kids would have said it was too spicy. I think next time I will add them as I am sure they would definitely add to the flavor. I will also try thinning it ever so slightly with milk and see if that helps. I will definitely keep the recipe on hand for potlucks or other finger food gatherings. Thanks for posting Terese. Made and reviewed for the June 2010 AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 long green chilies, deseeded and chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons green pickled jalapeno chilies, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (400 g) can diced tomatoes (or use 500g fresh tomatoes, peeled deseeded and diced)
- 250 g cream cheese, softened and roughly chopped
- 150 g cheddar cheese or 150 g monterey jack cheese, grated
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- coriander sprig (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan, add onion and cook until soft.
- Add capsicum, green chillies, jalapeno and garlic and cook a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, bring to a simmer and cook further 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat. Whisk in cheese until cheese melts. Remove from heat. Season lightly.
- Serve warm with corn chips.
- Garnish with coriander.