Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This keeps in the fridge for a couple of days (it never lasts that long at my house). Adapted from Desperation Entertaining.
- 1⁄2 cup minced jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced scallion (white and green parts)
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese or 8 ounces taco blend cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- blue corn tortilla chips
- white corn chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the minced jalapenos in a serving bowl.
- Add in the minced scallions, cheese, sour cream, mayo, white pepper, and salt; stir until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, stir well and add Tabasco to taste, if desired.
- If you've chilled the spread less than 24 hours, it can be served cold or hot.
- If you've chilled it for a longer time, it is best hot.
- If serving the spread hot--put spread in a microwave safe serving dish; microwave on HIGH for about 4-5 minutes or until heated through, stopping halfway through to stir.
- Serve with chips.