Recipe by na #2
Recipe came from The Daily Ardmoreite March 1, 1995
Top Review by 4Susan
Very good and easy recipe. I didn't want to pre-cook the rice so I used undrained diced tomatoes and added 1C water - just added the rice to the mixture and let it cook along with everything else. Love that this is made all in just one pan. Thank you.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, coarsely chopped (about 1-1/4 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cups premium long-grain minute rice, cooked
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 1 cup shredded kraft natural sharp cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken in skillet in hot oil 4 to 5 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in rice, tomatoes and salsa.
- Reduce heat to low; cover.
- Simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Continue cooking about 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.