Cook2 hrs 30 mins
Posted by request.
Make and share this Mexican Charro Beans recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse and pick over beans.
- Bring the beans to a boil in a large pot of water and cook over medium heat for 1½ to 2 hours until they tender but still firm.
- Before the beans are done, fry the bacon in a large skillet until halfway cooked.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, onions, and green pepper; continue cooking with bacon until the bacon crisp.
- Add a can of beer to bacon mixture and simmer a few additional minutes, or longer if you like your beans softer.
- Add chopped cilantro and jalapenos; combine everything in one large pot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.