Recipe by Mille®
Posted by request.
Top Review by Batman's Chef
Brother-in-law doesn't like beans and declared this a keeper! Made it exactly as stated. Great recipe. Mom said to put beans in pot, cover in water and add 1/4 cup baking soda. High heat until the beans are creating a large foam. Drain, rinse and repeat one more time. Takes the gas out and no need to soak overnight.
- 453.59 g dried pinto bean
- 6 strip bacon, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 medium fresh plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 340.19 g can beer (chef’s choice)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and pick over beans.
- Bring the beans to a boil in a large pot of water and cook over medium heat for 1½ to 2 hours until they tender but still firm.
- Before the beans are done, fry the bacon in a large skillet until halfway cooked.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, onions, and green pepper; continue cooking with bacon until the bacon crisp.
- Add a can of beer to bacon mixture and simmer a few additional minutes, or longer if you like your beans softer.
- Add chopped cilantro and jalapenos; combine everything in one large pot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.