Amber 505's Note:
A very good salad that will make eating a salad EXCITING again!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 anaheim chili, roasted peeled and seeded
- 1/3 cup pepitas, roasted (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons Cotija cheese, grated
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems removed
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, rinsed
- 1/3 cup Cotija cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1Blend together Chilie, 1/3°C pepitas, garlic, pepper, salt, 12 oz. oil, vinegar, 5 T. cheese, cilantro, mayonnaise, and water.
- 2Place in an air tight container in refrigerater (will keep for 4 days).
- 3To assemble salad, slice tortillas into 1/4" strips and fry.
- 4Tear romaine into bit sized pieces.
- 5Place greens on a plate, top with about 2 oz. of cilantro caesar dressing, cheese, pepitas and tortilla strips.
- 6***Cotija cheese is a hard cheese, similar to parmesan. If you can't find it in stores, parmesan cheese is an acceptable substitute.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Ceasar Salad
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1447.4
- Calories from Fat 1275
- Total Fat 141.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 45.2 mg
- Sodium 1474.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 16.4 g