Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A very good salad that will make eating a salad EXCITING again!!!
- 1⁄2 anaheim chili, roasted peeled and seeded
- 1⁄3 cup pepitas, roasted (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons Cotija cheese, grated
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems removed
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup Cotija cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup pepitas
- Blend together Chilie, 1/3°C pepitas, garlic, pepper, salt, 12 oz. oil, vinegar, 5 T. cheese, cilantro, mayonnaise, and water.
- Place in an air tight container in refrigerater (will keep for 4 days).
- To assemble salad, slice tortillas into 1/4" strips and fry.
- Tear romaine into bit sized pieces.
- Place greens on a plate, top with about 2 oz. of cilantro caesar dressing, cheese, pepitas and tortilla strips.
- ***Cotija cheese is a hard cheese, similar to parmesan. If you can't find it in stores, parmesan cheese is an acceptable substitute.
Absolutely delicious. I used to order a similar salad from a restaurant years ago. It's the only salad I would drive 20 miles just to get at this restaurant. The salad is so flavorful - made just as written. I am so happy I found this recipe.