Mexican Cauliflower and Guacamole Salad
- FOR THE GUACAMOLE: Keep the vegetables a little chunky. Combine all ingredients and stir. Allow the flavors to meld by refrigerating for several hours.
- FOR THE CAULIFLOWER: Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the cauliflower, covering with a lid and bring back to a boil. After 4 minutes remove from heat.
- Drain. Immediately plunge into icy cold water. (I might repeat this several times - you just want to stop the cauliflower from continuing to cook. The cauliflower should hold it's shape.) Drain. Then drain completely in paper towel lined bowl.
- Mix vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a plastic container with a lid, stir until the salt dissolves. Toss in the cauliflower. Cover, let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, giving it a good shake every once in awhile.
- Just before serving arrange a platter with the romaine or baby greens, arrange cauliflower over, mounding it up slightly with each head of flowerettes facing outward. Top with the guacamole in the center. Sprinkle with the almonds and cilantro.