Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
To complement those heavy Mexican main dishes.
Make and share this Mexican Cauliflower and Guacamole Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 avocados, chopped (soft but not mushy)
- 1 -2 garlic clove, put through a garlic press
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, chopped medium
- 1 medium lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- ground pepper
- 1 large cauliflower, separated into flowerettes
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- romaine lettuce or baby leaf greens
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- FOR THE GUACAMOLE: Keep the vegetables a little chunky. Combine all ingredients and stir. Allow the flavors to meld by refrigerating for several hours.
- FOR THE CAULIFLOWER: Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the cauliflower, covering with a lid and bring back to a boil. After 4 minutes remove from heat.
- Drain. Immediately plunge into icy cold water. (I might repeat this several times - you just want to stop the cauliflower from continuing to cook. The cauliflower should hold it's shape.) Drain. Then drain completely in paper towel lined bowl.
- Mix vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a plastic container with a lid, stir until the salt dissolves. Toss in the cauliflower. Cover, let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, giving it a good shake every once in awhile.
- Just before serving arrange a platter with the romaine or baby greens, arrange cauliflower over, mounding it up slightly with each head of flowerettes facing outward. Top with the guacamole in the center. Sprinkle with the almonds and cilantro.
Delicious. Who would have ever guessed that cauliflower and guacamole would go together so well. An unusual but wonderful side....
Another 5 star here! I made the guacamole similiar, just my way and then did the cauliflower as is. What a great salad and yummy combo, who would have guessed? Very happy we tried this recipe out, it's a keeper!