Recipe by ChefDebs
This is so tasty, I could quite easily eat this as a main dish with nothing else. It is a variation of my Spanish cauliflower recipe, with a little kick.
Top Review by FanciMcG
We are really making an effort to eat more veggies, and I have to say cauliflower isn't one of our favorites. But I tried this - because we do like Mexican - and WOW. This was my first time using fresh cauliflower and it was fun (it turns out my cat likes the cauliflower greens, go figure). I subbed Smart Balance Light for the butter and used Ritz crackers - other than that, followed the recipe exactly. I still cannot believe that both my husband and I gobbled this up - thanks so much for making eating healthy so yum.
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel diced tomatoes with lime and cilantro
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Break the cauliflower into florets and cook in boiling water for 10 minites, drain.
- In a large bowl combine the butter, sugar, salt and pepper, and cracker crumbs.
- Stir in the tomatoes, onion and drained cauliflower.
- Pour into a casserole dish and cover with the cheese.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 1 hour.