Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This is so tasty, I could quite easily eat this as a main dish with nothing else. It is a variation of my Spanish cauliflower recipe, with a little kick.
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel diced tomatoes with lime and cilantro
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Break the cauliflower into florets and cook in boiling water for 10 minites, drain.
- In a large bowl combine the butter, sugar, salt and pepper, and cracker crumbs.
- Stir in the tomatoes, onion and drained cauliflower.
- Pour into a casserole dish and cover with the cheese.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 1 hour.
We are really making an effort to eat more veggies, and I have to say cauliflower isn't one of our favorites. But I tried this - because we do like Mexican - and WOW. This was my first time using fresh cauliflower and it was fun (it turns out my cat likes the cauliflower greens, go figure). I subbed Smart Balance Light for the butter and used Ritz crackers - other than that, followed the recipe exactly. I still cannot believe that both my husband and I gobbled this up - thanks so much for making eating healthy so yum.
This is a really nice recipe. I did steam the cauliflower, otherwise followed the recipe. Thanks ChefDebs
A little on the spicy side, but suited to our taste buds, the adults in our house loved this dish and the kids ate theirs with milk in hand. Creative and wonderful. I left out the crackers and didn't miss them... I think. Thanks