Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just a combination of ingredients I threw together that ended up tasting pretty good.
- 1 cup basmati rice (uncooked)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 0.5 (5 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup mexican cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook rice with water according to directions.
- While rice is cooking, chop vegetables and put in pan with olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute 7-8 minutes, or until soft.
- Add black beans, spices and salt. Mix well.
- When rice is done cooking, add to veggie/bean mixture.
- Add enchilada sauce and sour cream; stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to 8x8 casserole dish. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until bubbly.
My husband absolutely loved this dish! I didn't have a poblano pepper so I substituted a couple of canned serrano peppers and omited the Chipotle as we don't care for that. It was easy to assemble and was not too spicy but had lots of flavor. Will definitely be making this again.