1/6 Photos of Mexican Casserole - 6.5 Weight Watcher Points
Chef #38555 / Dawn S's Note:
This is a delicious Mexican Casserole recipe with only 6.5 weight watcher points per LARGE serving! YUM! (on the new, Points Plus system of Weight Watchers, this recipe is 9 points)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g extra lean ground beef (drained or rinsed!)
- 118.29 ml onion (chopped)
- 59.14 ml canned jalapeno slices, chopped
- 473.18 ml fresh tomatoes, chopped or 425.24 g can diced canned tomatoes
- 425.24 g can kernel corn (drained)
- 425.24 g can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 35.43 g package taco seasoning mix
- 8 corn tortillas
- 177.44 ml nonfat sour cream
- 78.07 ml reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 0 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste (or less (or more)
- 1Brown ground beef and chopped onions in large skillet; brown 10 to 12 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring constantly. Drain well and rinse with warm water to remove all fat; return beef/onions to skillet.
- 2Add corn, black beans, tomatoes, chilies/jalapenos and taco seasoning mix; mix well. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile spray 12x8-inch (2-quart) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut each tortilla in half; place 8 halves in bottom of sprayed baking dish, overlapping slightly.
- 4Spoon half of beef mixture evenly over tortillas. Spoon sour cream over beef mixture; spread evenly. Top with remaining 8 tortilla halves and remaining beef mixture. (Cover tightly with foil & Freeze for later OR cook as directed below…).
- 5(Thaw overnight if frozen) Heat oven to 350ºF. Bake at 350ºF for 25 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with cheese. Cover; let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve with fresh chopped lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, black olives, etc… /.
- 6Makes 6 large Servings at 6.5 weight watcher pts/each.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Casserole - 6.5 Weight Watcher Points
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.4
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 49.7 mg
- Sodium 814.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 26.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend