Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
We haven't made this in years and during my move (packing) I found this. I did not have the amount of cheese listed but I think it was approximately 8 oz (you can judge the amount and add as you desire).
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can chopped/diced green chili
- 1 (12 count) package corn tortillas
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated (I use @ 8 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Tear tortillas into pieces and place in large bowl.
- Brown ground meat, onions, seasonings and chilies-DO NOT DRAIN!
- Add to corn tortillas, then add soup and cheese.
- Mix well with 1/4 cup milk.
- Cook on stove over low-medium heat, stirring often, for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour into greased pan and top with more cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour.
this was great followed it to your directions we will make this again it was quick and easy
A delicious, and easy recipe to prepare. The flavors were close to enchiladas. I mixed the milk with the soup before adding to the tortillas, and I omited step #5 altogether. I increased the baking time about 10 minutes. Everything came out great, and we enjoyed this with a black bean and corn salad. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. I will definately make this again.
Made this for a mexican themed potluck for work, and it was a hit. I was a little leery that the tortillas would get all mushy, but they hold their own. Will definitely be making this one again. Thanks!