Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
One dish mexican casserole.
- 1 package xlnt tamale, sliced approx. ¼ inch thick (in the refrigerated section)
- 4 uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained (optional)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1⁄2 package longhorn cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line bottom of 2-quart casserole dish with sliced tamales.
- Add cut up chicken breasts on top of tamales.
- Alternate layers of corn, olives, onions and grated cheese.
- Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Pour tomato sauce over entire casserole.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Scoop out and serve with tortilla chips.