1/1 Photo of Mexican Casserole
weekend cooker's Note:
an interesting casserole dish, have tried it, a good casserole dinner, It was served by a friend at a church dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 6 corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 (10 ounce) can Fiesta nacho cheese soup
- 1In a skillet, brown beef, onionand bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Drain well.
- 2Stir in chili powder, cumin, and salt.
- 3Spoon meat mixture into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 4Make layers of beans, corn, half the tortilla strips, and half the cheese.
- 5Continuer the layers with remainingtortilla strips and remaining cheese.
- 6In a medium saucepan, combine tomatoes, and chilies with fiesta nacho cheese soup, heat just enough that it mixes well. Do not overheat.
- 7Spoon mixture over top of cheese.
- 8Cover & bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 9Remove from oven and sprinkle crushed tortilla chips over top of the casserole.
- 10Return to oven for 20 minutes, at 350 degrees.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.9
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 137.9 mg
- Sodium 1176.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 43.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Fiesta nacho cheese soup