Chef SLP's Note:
My friend Lori gave me this recipe when we were in college. It's quick, simple and always a big hit during weeknight dinners and potlucks. It's even better as leftovers. Be prepared to share the recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown the beef and onions in 1 tbs of olive oil.
- 2Stir in the mushroom soup, beans, and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- 3Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4Using a slotted serving spoon drain most of the liquid from the meat mixture as you transfer it to a medium sized casserole dish.
- 5Top with crushed Doritos and then top top the Doritos with the cheddar cheese.
- 6Bake at 400 degrees until the cheese is melted and begining to crisp around the edges.
- 7Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.5
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 118.2 mg
- Sodium 1557.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 36.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ranch-style pinto beans
nacho cheese flavor Doritos