Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My friend Lori gave me this recipe when we were in college. It's quick, simple and always a big hit during weeknight dinners and potlucks. It's even better as leftovers. Be prepared to share the recipe!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can rotel (mild, medium or extra hot)
- 1 (15 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch-style pinto beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed nacho cheese flavor Doritos
- 1 1⁄2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown the beef and onions in 1 tbs of olive oil.
- Stir in the mushroom soup, beans, and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted serving spoon drain most of the liquid from the meat mixture as you transfer it to a medium sized casserole dish.
- Top with crushed Doritos and then top top the Doritos with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees until the cheese is melted and begining to crisp around the edges.
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving.