Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple crowd pleaser. This was on my husband's "you should get this recipe from my mother" list. It's really easy to alter to your own personal tastes. Don't like beans? Leave them out. Love olives? Add some. Have fun!
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) box chili bricks
- 1 (14 ounce) can chili
- 1 (12 ounce) can refried beans
- 10 flour tortillas
- 12 ounces monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- Brown meat, and drain off fat. Season according to package directions.
- Mix chilis in a pan, add 1/2 cup water, warm.
- Spoon enough chili onto bottom of 13x9 pan to coat.
- Layer tortillas, beans, meat, chili, then cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly, about 20 minutes.