Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a quick and easy recipe to toss together and the flavor is wonderful. Makes great leftovers for lunch the next day. I have been making this for years.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) boxstove top cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix seasoning packet (in box) with water and butter in bowl.
- Add stuffing mix.
- Mix together.
- Set aside.
- Cook beef with garlic and chili powder till browned (drain).
- Add tomatoes and kidney beans to beef mixture.
- Mix together.
- Put 1/2 of stuffing mixture into a 2 quart baking dish.
- Put beef mixture on top of stuffing.
- Add 1 cup cheese.
- Top with remaining stuffing mixture.
- Add the rest of the cheese.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
This was a quick and easy dinner; but I felt it was missing some spice. Made as written, but next time I may add some onions, seasoned salt and try with hot chili powder. We topped ours with sour cream and there is plenty leftover for DH's lunch. Made for Zaar Stars.
We enjoyed this for lunch today. The cornbread stuffing really topped off the casserole. The only thing I need to do next time, would be to drain the tomatoes longer. I'm looking forward to making this again. Made for Please Review My Recipe: from 20 Apr 2011
I found this very tasty and easy! The only change I made was to add some diced chilies. Also topped with sour cream. yum!