Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from a dear friend of mine from years ago. It is quick and easy and a favorite in our house.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can green chili peppers
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- corn tortilla
- Saute ground beef and onion.Add both soups,milk,sauce,peppers and cheese. In a large , flat greased pan, put layers of the soft corn tortillas (torn in pieces) then put a layer of the mixture. Repeat this until all is used.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.
I am giving this a four because the flavor was excellant but the texture left something to be desired. It was like eatig a plate full of well flavored gravy. If I make this again I will add maybe some black beans or corn or something. It is worth playing with. Thanks for sharing.