Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Mexican food casserole
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 2 (1/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (19 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce (mild or hot use your own judgment on how hot you like it) or 2 (19 ounce) cans green enchilada sauce (mild or hot use your own judgment on how hot you like it)
- 2 -3 onions, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, diced ones, 1-2 cans (or chopped)
- 2 -6 jalapeno peppers, chopped (there again use your own judgment or use your choice of your favorite pepper)
- 1 (8 ounce) bag cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) bag flour tortillas (depending on how much you want to make)
- Note: Brown ground hamburger meat in a big pot with your onions and jalapeno peppers and mushrooms. Drain off grease.
- Take your flour tortillas and tear into 1/4 and place into a long casserole baking dish and then you put your mixture over the flour tortillas and then put your cheese over that, then just keep on layering it till its all gone.
- Then place into the oven to melt the cheese and get hot, I put mine into a 350°F oven and just check on it to see if its the way you like it to be.
- This is a good recipe to fix.
- Thanks Sugar.
My mother-in-law gave me this recipe. I gave it to my aunt who was living with my cousin who was dying of AIDS. She said he hadn't had much of an appetite, but that he loved this so much that he was eating it for every meal and had, for the first time in a long time, started putting on some weight. I've never served it to anyone who didn't love it.
This makes a very filling dinner, and is good. But, I must say...it tastes just like enchiladas with the amount of enchilada sauce thats in it. I didn't even add the whole amount that It asks for, and it still was too much.... I didn't add enough cream of mushroom as well, by accident. Next time I will add the correct amount of cream of mushroom, and less enchilada sauce, and maybe it will be better for me. The reason I didn't add enough enchilada sauce is because it looked as though it would be too watery. I will also add more cheese, because I LOVE cheese. :D. It was very good overall....
Thank you for posting this one.My sister sent me a recipe just like this we really liked, but in a move I lost it.I think this is the one. If so, it is soooooo very good.I'll make it this week-end and will let you know.