Recipe by Sugar Ivie
Mexican food casserole
Top Review by Jeanniedbc
My mother-in-law gave me this recipe. I gave it to my aunt who was living with my cousin who was dying of AIDS. She said he hadn't had much of an appetite, but that he loved this so much that he was eating it for every meal and had, for the first time in a long time, started putting on some weight. I've never served it to anyone who didn't love it.
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 2 (1/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (19 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce (mild or hot use your own judgment on how hot you like it) or 2 (19 ounce) cans green enchilada sauce (mild or hot use your own judgment on how hot you like it)
- 2 -3 onions, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, diced ones, 1-2 cans (or chopped)
- 2 -6 jalapeno peppers, chopped (there again use your own judgment or use your choice of your favorite pepper)
- 1 (8 ounce) bag cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) bag flour tortillas (depending on how much you want to make)
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: Brown ground hamburger meat in a big pot with your onions and jalapeno peppers and mushrooms. Drain off grease.
- Take your flour tortillas and tear into 1/4 and place into a long casserole baking dish and then you put your mixture over the flour tortillas and then put your cheese over that, then just keep on layering it till its all gone.
- Then place into the oven to melt the cheese and get hot, I put mine into a 350°F oven and just check on it to see if its the way you like it to be.
- This is a good recipe to fix.
- Thanks Sugar.