Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
My childhood best friends mom used to make this for us on Friday nights. Its the best I have ever eaten.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (12 ounce) cans rotel
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup (Campbells)
- 1 (12 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 12 ounces of shredded cheese (more depending on taste.)
- tortilla chips (corn or flour)
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
- Brown Hamburger, onion and garlic and drain.
- Return to pan.
- Add 1 can Rotel, the soup and the enchilada sauce and allow to simmer until the consistency reaches your preference.
- Crush chips in the bottom of casserole dish and add the meat. Crush more chips over the top and cover with cheese.
- Place in oven.
- Cube velvetta and add the remaining can of rotel into a microwave safe bowl. Heat in teh microwave and Stir occasionally until creamy.
- Remove casserole when cheese on top is bubbly and top with velvetta and rotel and serve.
I thought this was good & easy to make. But I don't think it's something I would want to make again.
Makes a great and easy, fast meal. We enjoyed it very much!
This is the best recipe for mexican casserole.The mushroom soup really adds a nice creaminess.Thanks so much for posting.Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyy!!!!!!!