Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very easy casserole. I found the recipe in one of my church cookbooks and changed it for my tastes
- 5 slices cooked bacon
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can mexicorn
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons of chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons of chopped red peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef and onion.
- Drain well.
- In a 3 quart pan, combine tomato sauce, corn , bacon, peppers, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add meat.
- Simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Prepare egg noodles according to package directions.
- Place noodles on your platter, then the meat mixture, and layer cheese on top of the meat.