Kate DeMello's Note:
Description:I got this recipe from the Food Network's Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces store bought caramel sauce, for ice cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (1/2 teaspoon for sauce, 1/2 teaspoon for tortillas)
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 pints dulce de leche ice cream or 2 pints caramel-swirl ice cream
- whipped cream
- 4 ounces Spanish peanuts
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2In a small saucepan, warm caramel sauce over low heat and season with cayenne pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- 3Place tortillas on a cookie sheet and brush liberally with melted butter.
- 4Sprinkle each tortilla with sugar and a pinch of cinnamon and bake until crispy and sugar has melted on the tortillas, 5 minutes.
- 5Remove tortillas from oven, let cool to harden and break into large, uneven pieces.
- 6Arrange the pieces of 1 tortilla in a sundae dish or on a dessert plate.
- 7Top with 2 large scoops ice cream.
- 8Drizzle the warm caramel sauce over each sundae using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- 9Top each sundae with whipped cream swirls and Spanish peanuts.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Caramel Sundaes
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 533.2
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.8 mg
- Sodium 488.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dulce de leche ice cream