Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Description:I got this recipe from the Food Network's Rachael Ray.
Make and share this Mexican Caramel Sundaes recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces store bought caramel sauce, for ice cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (1/2 teaspoon for sauce, 1/2 teaspoon for tortillas)
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 pints dulce de leche ice cream or 2 pints caramel-swirl ice cream
- whipped cream
- 4 ounces Spanish peanuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, warm caramel sauce over low heat and season with cayenne pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Place tortillas on a cookie sheet and brush liberally with melted butter.
- Sprinkle each tortilla with sugar and a pinch of cinnamon and bake until crispy and sugar has melted on the tortillas, 5 minutes.
- Remove tortillas from oven, let cool to harden and break into large, uneven pieces.
- Arrange the pieces of 1 tortilla in a sundae dish or on a dessert plate.
- Top with 2 large scoops ice cream.
- Drizzle the warm caramel sauce over each sundae using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Top each sundae with whipped cream swirls and Spanish peanuts.
Crispy sugared tortillas, spiced up caramel sauce, ice cream and peanuts! What's not to like!