Prep 6 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is for play in ZWT- 8 for Mexico, courtesy of Mission Foods. Personaly, I think that a banana or pineapple, thinly sliced would be wonderful, in between the tortillas or maybe served under the ice cream for an added treat. Either way, they are bound to be good.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 2⁄3 cups caramels (Mexican cajeta or dulce leche)
- 4 tablespoons rum
- 1 1⁄3 cups coconut, shredded, toasted
- 2 cups coffee ice cream (4 scoopes)
- In a frying pan, melt the caramel or Mexican cajeta or dulce de leche, and add the rum.
- Let boil for 3 - 5 minutes; then dip the tortillas, one at a time in the caramel, making sure to cover completely.
- Place two tortillas, folded into four parts on each plate, and add a scoop of coffee ice cream on each and sprinkle with shredded coconut.
wow oh wow these are good . i didnt have to cook carmel 5 minutes though dip just as carmel gets soft or you will have hard carmel 2nd, and this is duh moment ,dont touch tortilla like you do when plating , you will be sorry used coconut flavored rum and YES bananas would be wicked good with this try this one oh yah try cinnamon on it