Recipe by JWynia
We like to get burrito bowls from Chipotle, but aren't thrilled with paying for it several times a week. This isn't anything I'd claim as a "clone", but is "inspired" by Chipotle/QDoba's burrito bowls. It's tasty, easy and filling. As a bonus, it's pretty good without any meat, making it a really viable option to serve a mixed group of vegetarian/carnivores for a party.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 limes
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 cups grilled chicken or 2 cups pork or 2 cups steak
- fresh cilantro
- mexican cheese
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine the water, rice and juice from the 2 limes.
- Bring rice mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- While the rice is cooking, chop the onion and the garlic.
- In another saucepan, melt the butter.
- Saute the onions and garlic until the onions are translucent.
- Add the canned tomatoes, white wine and beans.
- Simmer until most of the moisture boils off.
- If including meat, dice up some grilled chicken or pork or steak.
- To serve start with rice in bowl.
- Top with bean/tomato mixture.
- Top with meat if using and cheese, chopped cilantro, salsa, sour cream, etc.
- Eat with chips.