Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
for beverage tag May 08
- 1 bunch english spinach, leaves removed
- 800 g butternut pumpkin, peeled thinly sliced
- 1 ear of corn, cob kernels removed
- 6 large burrito tortillas
- 1 cup refried beans
- 2 cups grated tasty cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups thick & chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- green salad, to serve
- Wash spinach. Half-fill a large saucepan with water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Add spinach and cook for 1 minute or until just wilted. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a large bowl of cold water. Stand for 2 minutes. Using your hands, squeeze out excess water. Roughly chop.
- Add pumpkin to pan of boiling water. Cook for 2 minutes or until just tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer pumpkin to a colander. Set aside to cool. Add corn to boiling water. Cook for 1 minute or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C Grease a 6cm-deep, 18cm x 24cm (base) ovenproof dish.
- Place a third of the pumpkin in dish. Place tortillas on a flat surface. Spread 1 side of each tortilla with refried beans. Place 2 tortillas over pumpkin, bean side up, trimming to fit. Top with half the spinach, half the remaining pumpkin and half the corn. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over vegetables. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas, beans side down. Spoon over salsa to cover tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese and pepitas.
- Bake burrito bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until filling is hot and cheese is melted. Stand for 10 minutes before cutting into pieces. Serve with salad.