Recipe by **Mandy**
I found this in an old BH&G mag, it's a bit different to the other mexican burgers here. My DH just loved this.
Top Review by loof
These burgers were fantastic!! Loved the addition of the beans and the seasoning was perfect. The guacamole, salsa and sour cream toppings were a great finishing touch. I made these just as specified except left out the onions and cooked them on the grill instead of frying. We just loved these burgers!!
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 400 g kidney beans, rinsed, drained & roughly chopped
- 25 g approx sachet taco seasoning mix
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 150 g cheddar cheese, cut into thin slices
- 6 hamburger buns
- lettuce leaf
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mince, beans, seasoning mix, onion, egg & breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- Divide the mixture into 6 portions and shape into flat hamburger patties.
- Heat the oil in a frypan & cook the patties over med heat for 3-4 mins each side or until cooked through.
- Place a couple slices of cheese on top of each patty. and continue cooking until the cheese starts to melt.
- Toast & lightly butter the hamburger buns. Top the bases with lettuce leaves, a hamburger patty, and a generous spoon of each the guacamole, salsa & sour cream & finish with the bun lid.
- To make guacamole, combine all ingredients in abowl & mix well to combine.