I found this in an old BH&G mag, it's a bit different to the other mexican burgers here. My DH just loved this.
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 400 g kidney beans, rinsed, drained & roughly chopped
- 25 g approx sachet taco seasoning mix
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 150 g cheddar cheese, cut into thin slices
- 6 hamburger buns
- lettuce leaf
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small ripe tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Combine mince, beans, seasoning mix, onion, egg & breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- Divide the mixture into 6 portions and shape into flat hamburger patties.
- Heat the oil in a frypan & cook the patties over med heat for 3-4 mins each side or until cooked through.
- Place a couple slices of cheese on top of each patty. and continue cooking until the cheese starts to melt.
- Toast & lightly butter the hamburger buns. Top the bases with lettuce leaves, a hamburger patty, and a generous spoon of each the guacamole, salsa & sour cream & finish with the bun lid.
- To make guacamole, combine all ingredients in abowl & mix well to combine.