1/1 Photo of Mexican Burgers
I found this in an old BH&G mag, it's a bit different to the other mexican burgers here. My DH just loved this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 400 g kidney beans, rinsed, drained & roughly chopped
- 25 g approx sachet taco seasoning mix
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 150 g cheddar cheese, cut into thin slices
- 6 hamburger buns
- lettuce leaf
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1Combine mince, beans, seasoning mix, onion, egg & breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- 2Divide the mixture into 6 portions and shape into flat hamburger patties.
- 3Heat the oil in a frypan & cook the patties over med heat for 3-4 mins each side or until cooked through.
- 4Place a couple slices of cheese on top of each patty. and continue cooking until the cheese starts to melt.
- 5Toast & lightly butter the hamburger buns. Top the bases with lettuce leaves, a hamburger patty, and a generous spoon of each the guacamole, salsa & sour cream & finish with the bun lid.
- 6To make guacamole, combine all ingredients in abowl & mix well to combine.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 696.2
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 124.1 mg
- Sodium 903.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 36.6 g