My mom used to make these every year with her Spanish class students. We LOVE them! Kind of a mexican version of elephant ears, but different. VERY addicting! This makes a lot, so you may want to cut the recipe in half.
- In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. In smaller bowl, beat eggs and milk. Add this gradually, beating, to flour mixture.
- Add a half a stick melted butter, beat.
- Place dough on floured surface and knead til silky and elastic.
- Roll into balls or ropes, and flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Fry in hot oil, (370º), til golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Roll/toss in cinnamon/sugar mix.