Recipe by KelBel
A cold salad for a hot day. Perfect for picnics and barbeques.
Top Review by l'ecole
I was looking for something salad-y to do with bulgur other than tabbouleh, and this *so* hit the spot! I toasted some cumin seed and then crushed it rather than using ground cumin -- definitely the right move. And, realizing how much liquid bulgur can absorb, I went with more like 1/3 cup of both the lime and orange juice, which I think was a better option. All four of us who ate it (and there were left-overs for tomorrow) liked it a lot, so I'm certainly putting it in the rotation. Love those citrus notes!
- 1 cup Bulgar wheat
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, diced
- 1 cup corn
- 3⁄4 cup jalapeno jack cheese, diced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons jalapenos, seeded & minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine bulgur and boiling water in a large bowl, stir well. Cover and let stand 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Add zucchini to black beans; stir gently.
- Combine orange juice and remaining ingredients, stir well with a whisk.
- Pour dressing over bulgur mixture and toss gently.
- Serve and room temperature or chilled.