Recipe by dogloverforever
This recipe is similar to the Italian Bubble Pizza, with a few changes. I like to add 1 cup of salsa on top of the cheese, after I melt it.
Top Review by Mom67
It is SO surprising how delicious this recipe is, with it being so simple! I substituted the taco seasoning and tomato soup for: ** 1c. ortega mild taco sauce, plus 1/2 t. each of cumin, garlic powder and a pinch of cayenne.**. And adding taco toppings is a must - we used diced tomatoes, lettuce, sliced olives, cilantro and sour cream. My whole family LOVED this and can't wait to have it again - thanks for a great recipe!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packageold el paso taco seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Brown ground beef in large skillet or pan over medium heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Add Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix, water, and tomato soup, and mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Separate dough from biscuits into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces. Add to ground beef mixture. Stir gently.
- Spoon mixture into ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Bake 18-23 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven. Bake until cheese is bubbly.
- Cut into 8 squares.