1 hr 5 mins
In this easy casserole-style pizza, strips of biscuit dough bake right in with taco-seasoned ground beef. This recipe appeared in the Pillsbury 2000 bake off and is from Karen Hamilton, Titonka, IA.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package old el paso taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) can pillsbury grands refrigerated corn biscuits or 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup old el paso thick 'n chunky salsa
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 3 green onions, sliced, if desired
- 1Heat oven to 375°F
- 2Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Add taco seasoning mix, water and soup; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces. Add pieces to ground beef mixture; stir gently. Spoon mixture into ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- 4Bake at 375°F for 18 to 23 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven; bake an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- 5To serve, cut pizza into 8 squares. Top each serving with lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, olives, sour cream and onions.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Bubble Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.2
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 98.2 mg
- Sodium 726.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 26.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
refrigerated corn biscuits