Recipe by Judy81350
In this easy casserole-style pizza, strips of biscuit dough bake right in with taco-seasoned ground beef. This recipe appeared in the Pillsbury 2000 bake off and is from Karen Hamilton, Titonka, IA.
Top Review by DebS #2
The is great! I didn't read the directions right and added the olives into the meat mixture instead of on top, and I also added a small can of chopped green chilies to the mixture. Easy to make, too!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packageold el paso taco seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) canpillsbury grands refrigerated corn biscuits or 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup old el paso thick 'n chunky salsa
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 3 green onions, sliced, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Add taco seasoning mix, water and soup; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces. Add pieces to ground beef mixture; stir gently. Spoon mixture into ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 18 to 23 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven; bake an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- To serve, cut pizza into 8 squares. Top each serving with lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, olives, sour cream and onions.