Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
from Sam the Cooking Guy
- 1 long sour dough baguette
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tomatoes, seeded and diced pretty small
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped fine
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Heat broiler. Slice baguette down the middle and brown ever-so-slightly under the broiler.
- In a bowl, mix tomatoes, olive oil, cilantro, garlic, red pepper and cheese.
- Cover cut side of bread with tomato mixture. Place under broiler until the whole thing begins to brown and the cheese begins to melt—about 2 minutes.
- Remove and slice into serving pieces.