Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An egg dish, really tasty, almost like a quiche, but not quite.
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (8 ounce) carton cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- Combine first 4 ingredients in mixing bowl; beat well with electric mixer on med. speed.
- Stir in remaiing ingredients.
- Pour into a well greased 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake at 400F for 10 minutes;reduce heat to 350F, and bake about 20 more minutes, until set.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Food.com asks you to check before you post a recipe, to see if it's already posted. That's how I found this recipe. It's word for word- and I mean every word of the ingredients and the directions- the same as the index card given to me about 15 years ago by my now ex mom-in-law. I can attest that this dish is excellent... a really lovely flavor and texture perfect for brunch. I don't much care for chilies in my eggs, but they are perfect in this dish. Thanks so much for posting it, so I don't have to! :D
PS: My mom-in-law wrote this note at the bottom of the card, "Mine needed longer to cook. I cooked until a knife edge came out clean."