Recipe by FloridaNative
This is a tasty combination. I got this recipe from a friend. I use the French lentils as they do not break apart as much as red or yellow lentils.
Top Review by Stephie Biggs
I really enjoyed this. The flavoring is very sublte but perfect. I did use MEXICAN stewed tomatoes and omitted the cayenne. I didn't quite understand the part about setting aside the liquid of the tomatoes, just to turn around and put it into the pot, so I didn't do that and it turned out fine. THANKS!
- 425.24 g can stewed tomatoes, drained and chopped, with liquid set aside
- 368.54 g can chicken broth
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 236.59 ml dried lentils
- 236.59 ml water
- 118.29 ml brown rice or 118.29 ml basmati rice
- 7.39 ml chili powder
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro (optional)