Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wow, make these for your next brunch, deeeelicious!
- 6 ounces chorizo sausage, caseings removed
- 1⁄2 an onion, chopped
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco, to taste)
- salsa, to taste
- Crumble the sausage into a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped onion.
- Cook and stir until evenly brown and set aside.
- Heat one skillet over medium heat, and heat another skillet over high heat for warmig skillet for warming tortillas.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Spray the medium heat skillet with some cooking spray, and pour in the eggs. Cook and stir until almost firm.
- Add the sausage, and continue cooking and stirring until firm.
- Meanwhile, warm tortillas for about 45 seconds per side in the other skillet, so they are hot and crispy on the edges, but still pliable.
- Sprinkle a little shredded cheese onto each tortilla while it is still hot.
- Top with some of the scrambled egg and sausage, then add hot pepper sauce and salsa to your liking.
These were good and we enjoyed them. Made for a nice quick supper on a busy weeknight. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.