- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 corn tortillas, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the tortilla pieces and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until they begin to get crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Add the onion, jalapeño pepper, and garlic, and saute for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the onion is transparent.
- Stir in the tomato and oregano; mix well.
- Add the eggs and stir to scramble until the eggs are set.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, add the cheese,and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Top with the salsa and serve.