Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on getcrafty.com by Jean Railla. It's one of my favorites.
Make and share this Mexican Breakfast recipe from Food.com.
- 14 ounces pinto beans
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, sliced and seeded
- 1⁄2 avocado, sliced
- 4 eggs
- 4 -6 corn tortillas
- 3 sprigs fresh cilantro
- hot sauce
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Drain beans, saving liquid. Saute garlic, jalapeno and onion until onion is translucent. Add beans and mash with potato masher or fork. Add small amount of bean liquid if needed. Keep warm.
- Fry the eggs over medium.
- Steam tortillas.
- On a plate, lay down two tortillas, top with bean mixture, crumbled bacon and two eggs. Garnish plates with two slices of avocado and a few sprigs cilantro. Serve with hot sauce and extra tortillas.
Delicious and filling! I ended up using the smaller ingredient amounts (i.e. 4 tortillas), and we had plenty. The flavor and texture combo is great, and there is a nice kick from the jalapeno. Thanks for sharing!